Sunday, April 13, 2008

Maximum Tune 3 Soundtrack Appreciation

With mainstream music continuing to suck these days (there are some exceptions), I always ventured to my favorite genre of music for escape, mainly electronica and techno. Other than that, it is mainly game music I have been listening to. A couple of months ago, I was crazy about the Super Smash Bros. Brawl soundtrack (yeah I downloaded the whole thing) and that was amazing. Lately, even though it is kind of late to the party, I have been blasting the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 Soundtrack.


I have mentioned Maximum Tune 3 in a previous post, but the soundtrack alone sells me to the game, composed by Yuzo Koshiro, who did the music for the Streets of Rage games too. His music is just flat out fun to listen when playing the games he has music in mainly Streets of Rage 2 and the Maximum Tune games. Especially, for Maximum Tune 3, it is basically perfect driving music to listen to while driving compared to racing games here at the United States filled with crappy licensed music (Burnout Paradise for example). Plus, it makes you want to go fast in straightaways and whatnot when out on the freeway. Usually for racing games like Burnout and Forza 2, I usually listen to the electronica and techno other than the crappy mainstream rock EA tends to put out in their games.

Pretty much the whole soundtrack for Maximum Tune 3 is a blast to listen to. Here's the YouTube links to the album thanks to Yuzoboy. If u like electronica, techno, or trance, then I recommend listening to this soundtrack.

5) Get Down to the Drive
21) Shine

No comments: