Thursday, May 1, 2008

Time to Rise Down and listen to The Roots

Apparently, this album didn't make Tuesday's Music Roundup since I wasn't aware that The Roots's Rising Down came out this week, so it deserves its own post. Their new album is pretty good maintaining their own style of hip-hop (Well, Questlove is pretty dope) and a great cast of cameo appearances from Mos Def, Talib Kweli, and Common. Sure, they don't have the mainstream pop they used to have with previous hits like "The Next Movement" and Break You Off," yet they continue to make good hip-hop music to please their fans. My current favorites are "Get Busy" and "75 Bars" since they already have music videos for those games being familiar to them. The intro and outro both felt a little weird at first, but I think I'll eventually get used to them. This is my album pick of the week for those that are looking to download something good.

No comments: