Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On the Fence: Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I



Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I is finally coming out sooner than most thought, which is now October 11 on WiiWare, October 12 on Playstation Network, and October 13 on Xbox Live Arcade. It is also being priced at 15 bucks for all versions, which seems pretty crazy at first considering it is an episodic game and apparently Sega feels confident enough to sell it at that price even though Sega has been known to not make great decisions at the end of the day with their franchises especially Sonic. The hedgehog has been through a lot to get at this point at an attempt of a return to glory especially with this game going back to its 2D roots along with homing attacks from the 3D games. Of course, Sonic fanboys want this game to be really good and a sign of things going on the right direction, but its hard to please them especially Sega that even they don't know how to handle the Sonic franchise. Personally, I have been pretty skeptical myself how this will turn out because its something up my alley as a classic game modernized for the current generation yet retaining the roots somehow. On WiiWare, Sonic 4 is I think one of the more expensive games to get on that service and considering the lack of fringe space on that my Wii, I'm likely going to get it on PS3 instead and expect a review soon after its release whether or not Sonic is truly back.

No comments: