Monday, September 13, 2010

Today is Super Mario Bros.'s 25th Anniversary!!



Super Mario Bros. is 25 years old today in terms of Japanese release, so it is a momentous day in the world of Nintendo celebrating the game that revitalized the game industry back in 1985. I decided to attempt a warpless run of the game on my Wii's Virtual Console and failed miserably halfway if you saw my justin.tv stream earlier this afternoon. Instead of posting my failure, I rather post up a speed run of the game by a better player. In honor of the game's milestone, Nintendo is releasing the Super Mario Collection on the Wii next month at Japan, which is basically All-Stars on a Wii disc plus more Mario goodies like soundtracks and more. Who knows if it is coming out here in the states, but I won't mind having that around.

Here's some more videos celebrating the milestone... way to go Mario!



No comments: