So more news are still coming out of GDC as here's a little recap of the words & whispers from the event today.
- Mortal Kombat getting a demo next week for Playstation Plus owners and a week later for normal PSN owners. Yay for fighting game demos are actually coming out for download! I don't know if I would cave in for a Plus account, so I could wait a week unless there are ways getting it elsewhere. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Mileena, and Johnny Cage are the playable characters along with two stages and single/local versus modes.
- Dead Island is an open world action RPG... expect more previews to roll out in the coming days to see if it is living up to the amazing trailer that came out a week or two ago and being a trending topic on Twitter for two days.
- Resistance 3 multiplayer previews are out in the wild. Yup another high-profile shooter hoping to compete against the juggernauts Call of Duty and Battlefield, but will the third time be the charm for Sony and Insomniac?. They also diminished the player count, which makes sense I guess for what they're going for. A multiplayer beta is planned for Playstation Plus subscribers sometime in the summer before the game's release in the fall.
- I didn't mention this yesterday, but as expected, there's a Mario game coming to the 3DS. Pictures show a 3D Mario game since it is made by the Galaxy team, so high hopes are up for them to deliver the goods once again. Also, they teased the return of a tail (either the raccoon suit or the tanooki), so there's flying elements I guess. Nintendo says to expect more about this Mario game at E3.
- I didn't get the new issue yet, but the new Game Informer's cover story is Saint's Row: The Third. The Saint's Row franchise to me is pretty much the real current-gen Grand Theft Auto even though I appreciated the more mature, story-driven direction in GTA4). Those games were able to keep the fun and insanity of the PS2 GTA games as I'm expecting to see this third one continue that same direction.
That's it for now - more hopefully later.