Thursday, August 28, 2008

On the Fence: TNA Impact!



TNA Impact is on less than a hour here at the West Coast on Spike and I have been on the fence for the TNA game, which comes out September 9th. I understand this first TNA game from Midway wants to establish the engine and gameplay for future games if they plan on doing that which seems likely. The thing that is making me skip this (I do love TNA better than WWE lately despite its crappy storylines, their roster is better) is the lack of content for the final game, hence why I made the point earlier of Midway establishing the foundations and then adding more in future games. The only way I think it will compete with the Smackdown games is the roster itself. I would rather play as Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Kurt Angle, and so on compared to Batista, John Cena, Triple H, and so on with the WWE. The lack of modes is the start of what is missing from TNA Impact as well as missing signature moves like Kurt's Ankle Lock and Sting's Scorpion Deathlock (word from the streets). Also, the presentation is also not to par with the Smackdown games especially with the short enterances for the wrestlers (at least their music is accurate). Hopefully the gameplay shines from everything else when the game comes out in two weeks. Here's the commercial as well above.

No comments: