Saturday, November 22, 2008

I think I found my main for Street Fighter IV...



It turns out that M. Bison (Vega in JP) is my new main character to use for my current favorite game, Street Fighter IV. I have been watching videos of him in action like this match above and got around to play a similar style like whoever is playing him in that clip. I actually cleaned house with that style yesterday at Super Arcade winning most of my matches during that session. I just love his rushdown that leads to his faster and meaner Scissor Kicks (I'm still learning to time those Scissor Kicks during those rushdown combos, but I'm getting there). His Psycho Crusher is not that bad in this one and not has overpowered it used to be in SFII Championship Edition. I think he is one of the higher tier characters in SF IV due to what toys u can mess with from timed teleports, Head Stomps and Devil Reverses. It also feels satisfying to do his Focus Attack and then finishing it with his Ultra, as I got that timing down for that one.

I usually use the charge characters in this game (Blanka, Honda, Guile mostly till Bison) and I have decent success with them, but I think I will have better success with Bison if I play that rushdown style like in the clip above. I can still use other characters like the shotos (Ryu, Ken, and Akuma) and Sagat, but I don't do well as those guys (Sagat is the best character in SF IV now). I'm willing to learn the new characters like Abel and Rufus, but I haven't done so yet and trying to learn them as opponents is a little frustrating trying to figure what style they will play as. I'm also willing to use the console exclusive characters like Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, and Gen (sorry Sakura and Dan) when that comes out on February 17.

I just need to master the cancelling system (EX special cancels, focus dash cancels, and throw escapes) and I will be way better than I am now. I just love this game too much and I feel like playing it now again.

No comments: