Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some thoughts about Transformers 2...


So I watched Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen earlier today and while I said "holy balls" on Twitter, it is entertaining and slightly better than the first movie, but not much. I don't want to go on an epic rant on what I liked and hated, but I'll leave in short form. (Potential SPOILERS, so read at your own risk if u haven't seen it yet).

Pros:
  • More of the robots in disguise > human interaction
  • More fights between the Autobots and the Decepticons
  • Very Michael Bay-ish with lots of explosions
  • Something for everyone (Kids and nerds for the robots, the guys for crazy action and Megan Fox, and the ladies for Shia and Josh).
Cons:
  • Longer than it should be (Its 2 and a half hours long!!)... Could be a better movie with some scenes taken out.
  • Humor feels forced and unnecessary
  • Predictable as expected... Would have been cool if a twist happened
  • The Fallen wasn't all that, but he looks cool though
  • Over-usage of the Linkin Park theme song (even though I like Linkin Park) just like the 1st movie.
I may seem nit picky but Transformers 2 is still an enjoyable summer blockbuster. It is obviously not the best movie out this season personally, but you're probably going to watch it anyway.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Thanks for your review. I'm going to watch it but just not run (I'll take a leisurely stroll) to the theater.