Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Roses, Kunais, & Hayates... Oh My!!!



UPDATE - This post now has the trailer featuring the three characters at the beginning and a tease of the new character Hakan. Yes, this trailer is amazing stuff. I'm already digging the background themes for Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto. It looks like from the footage so far, they seem to play similar to their 3rd Strike counterparts without the parrying stuff. Makoto's supers in 3rd Strike are definitely in Super SF4 from what I seen. I don't care yet for the English voices for the recently revealed characters yet as I'm still rolling with Japanese voices for everyone, but they seem fine to me. Bring on April 27th already and to those that played it last week at USC = Jealous!!!!

UPDATE 2 - Japanese version of the trailer is below... (better voices as they even got the 3S Makoto voice!)




Original post is below...



It is only a matter of time when the rumored characters from the Street Fighter III series, Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki, will be confirmed for Super Street Fighter IV and it seems be the case today with the first reveal of the heavily requested characters on this week's Famitsu as well as other leaks from some site in Europe. Obviously fans of the franchise like myself have already marked out over this news and further making SSF4 my "game of the forever." Graphically, it looks Dudley, Makoto, and Ibuki have made the translation to the Street Fighter IV engine very well maintaining their looks from the III series. As for how they play compared to their days especially in 3rd Strike, who knows as it is early to tell the similarities and differences right off the bat from the Famitsu scans and the latest leaked photos. Even though I haven't had much experience with 3rd Strike, I'm still willing to give these characters a shot as being potential mains for me when Super comes out. I just hope they are still 3S enough to be competitive against the rest of the roster. I have a feeling Ibuki will be low tier, but still very dangerous in the right hands like Vega & Dhalsim, while Dudley and Makoto are upper mid tier assuming they play completely identical to their 3rd Strike counterparts. In the meantime, enjoy the announcement tonight and hopefully a new trailer in the coming days, so let's fight like gentlemen I guess!






No comments: