It is only a matter of time with all the rumors and leaks, but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is finally confirmed for release on Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network sometime this summer. Excitement is at an all-time high as I still play this game from time to time at arcades and never owning a console version (Dreamcast, PS2, or Xbox). Also cool is that an exclusive PSN Demo is coming out this Thursday with six characters playable (Spidey, Strider, Chun-Li, Iron Man, Ryu, and Wolverine) and local multiplayer. Here's the other stuff these new versions will offer according to all the major sites.
- Dreamcast version
- Online play similar to SSF2T HD Remix
- HD upscaling
- 16:9 widescreen support (4:3 also there)
- Custom music/soundtracks for those who hate the original soundtrack (I'm keeping it)
- 1200 MS Points / 15 bucks on PSN
- No character unlocking = Yes!!!!
- Exclusive PSN Demo as mentioned earlier this Thursday
I'm gonna take you for a ride online when this comes out. Trailer is below...
Oh yes, it is not a MvC2 blog post without this...